Saturday, August 7, 2010

He's my lobster

I've been blessed with many women I can truly call friend. Read all about them in my blog post The Women Behind Wanda. So, then I'll just tell you about the male one here...

We met in 1991 and I was reluctant to talk to him. In 1992 we began our relationship that led to our beautiful daughter being born in 1994. Down the road plans changed but one thing remained true...he's the one I can tell anything and everything to. We share a bond that no one can break, though they may try. From just a look sometimes, to a simple gesture, we know what it means without even saying a word.

We have had our ups and downs and while we're no longer that same couple, we share so many things. There were times when I didn't even want to hear his name and he hasn't always communicated completely with me. I guess that's just the story of life, but we always made it through and 19 years later, our friendship has never been stronger. We've grown as we've aged and I look forward to getting to know even more about the person who is my true love, my writing partner, and my bff, Donnell "Covae" Covés.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.9

No comments:

Post a Comment