Friday, April 9, 2010

Reconnecting with Mama


My mother gets on my nerves more often than not, but yesterday something strange happened. We went to the mall, along with my daughter and to my surprise, SHE was happy to be with me. I was irritated at first, but by the end of the day I had come around and remembered the woman I love who used to take me anywhere and I was happy to go.  I also couldn't believe how friendly she is to other people too, which is the total opposite of me now. She bought us lunch, cussed out an unattentive waiter (who deserved it btw) and I just thought...that's my Mama! She gave me some much needed skillets and a pot she had at her house and even gave me a hug and kiss before she went home. Even more shocking was her phone call this morning to say how much she enjoyed our time together.  I felt happy, if only for a moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment