Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Day after Resurrection

Happy (day after) Easter!

I'm posting this a couple days late, but I started writing it at the right time lol.  I spent the day doing my usual Sunday things...cleaning, cooking and prepping meals for the week. This process usually takes at least half the day, but for some reason I was in the kitchen significantly longer this time.  For this marathon session, I had two packs of chicken breast, 1 whole chicken, 1 pack of ground turkey, 1 pack of ground beef, beans, 2 red peppers, 2 green peppers, mushrooms, some broccoli slaw, a bunch of onions, a cucumber and some tomatoes.  I used every slow cooker at my disposal, including the small red one I had but away in the cabinet.  I made Salisbury steak (for yesterday's dinner), Slow Cooker Baked Beans, which I will use to top some baked potatoes later in the week.

















Chicken strips of the Greek and cilantro lime variety grilled, sliced and individually frozen for future sandwiches and salads, Crepes, Greek Pasta Salad and Veggie Quiche with a hash brown crust.


BEWARE of the "cheap" bags of bulk onions that seem like a good deal at a time.  $1.29 for 3 lbs. of yellow onions, but only half of those were unusable.  I forgot to get a red pepper from this store, which was on sale for $1.  I was upset as I really needed it and had to pay $1.99 per pound for one at another store, but it turned out that one pepper weighed half a lb. so it came out to be the same price and the per lb. pepper was actually a larger, greater quality.  I will be buying all my produce by the pound from now on.

I broke down the whole chicken, slow cooked then shredded the breasts for chicken salad and Bbq pulled chicken, which also topped those baked potatoes mentioned earlier. Cooked the legs and thighs, along with a sweet potato for Charlie and make stock with the back.

The two packs of chicken breasts were used to make these three bagged meals:


Chicken Cheese steak Melts

Lemon Chicken and Chicken Hash

Chicken Hash (cooked)



My lunches this week consist of Asian Salad, Chicken Salad with grapes, cranberries and apples, Greek Chicken Pita and the Veggie Quiche.

My full weeks menu including what I planned for snacks is available here:  Menu Plan - Week of 04/06/15.  And with this post I am reinstating:  Today I am thankful for... Having food to plan and prep these meals for this week and weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment