Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Things 2013 taught me

I know the year isn't over, but I felt like writing and this is what I came up with. 

A random list of what I have learned in 2013 (so far):

I am my brother's keeper

Social media has made it way too convenient for those with the most offensive, racist and insensitive views to "share" them with the world

The key to crispy sweet potato fries is cornstarch (eventhough this didn't work for me)

Baking isn't so hard

My mom really loves me

How did I ever live without Pinterest

You can make anything into a quesadilla

I do not know some people as well as I thought I did

I have a pretty boring life

Writing IS my calling and I am determined to make it so

I cannot do anything without music

I am ME just the way I am and I am all I need to be ME

Animation is cool

My daughter actually listens to me and values what I say, think and feel

I have friends in high places

You may not always get what you want, but you'll always have exactly what you need

Inspiration can sometimes come from the most unlikely places

I have super (cleaning) powers

A best friend isn't really that if they don't consider you to be the same

The days I try least are the days I do best

I can go through every possible emotion in one day and come out fine

To be continued...

There is no substitute for a face-to-face conversation

2014 has to be better

No matter how much money I have, it never seems to be enough for what I need

I will always be misunderstood

No comments:

Post a Comment