Friday, June 4, 2010

Sing for your Supper


Can you hold a tune? I think I'm a pretty good songstress or at least I used to be. My musical "career" has been all over the place. It started in the junior high choir for which I had to give up typing class to join, then on to high school choir with a simultaneous spot in the church's youth choir. A stint in a community choir while in college, then, believe it or not...backup singer in a band!

I was 22, and my sister's then boyfriend played guitar for a controversial group of people which included an alcoholic drummer (not so rare right), an "I'm too sexy for my shirt" keyboard player and a smoking lead singer. I don't mean smoking as in hot, sexy beauty but rather that she smoked at least two packs a day, which would most likely account for the fact that she couldn't get the simplest of songs right, but it was HER band, so who were we to complain. I had two or three solos, but the one that sticks out the most is 'I saw the sign' which I sang twice (as an oncore request by some drunken men lol) at a small bar in a far away place I don't even remember.

That was a long time ago, but lately I've been missing my musical side. I'm thinking about joining another community choir or just recording a few things of my own to satisfy my longing for song.



Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment